Hola - okay try this again
Internet Explorer sucks - locked up on me, have to do this over again.
So, last i left you was Christmas day - the holiday is very different here in Spain. The gift giving is on Kings Day - 6JAN - The light bulb went on today - it took the 3 Wise men until then to reach the new born baby - so the Spaniards do not exchange gifts until then. Making this holiday really long. The 24th through the 6th most every business is no or limited operation.
On the 24th & 25th it is only big meals together with Friends and family. So we did too - David is such a good chef the fish was excellent and scollopped potatoes, cauliflower, salid - wine -
After the wine I came home, did not go out.
Oh, and for those of you who shop - there was NO ONE in the mall on the 24th - they do not need to be - could not believe it - nadie! Very different.
Saturday: was ironing day - every shirt - dont have to again for 21 days!!! Went to see an apartment, nice - the room is a little bohemian - but I like it and like the guys. They have been together for about 6 years - used to live together, but decided to try living apart.
I am hoping Joaquin picks me as his new roommate - we can trade language practise, he is not home a lot and the palce is in a great area! David is nice too, he lived in London for 2 years s0 his English is really good. Should know tomorrow, if they go with someone that can move in on the 1st I understand, I found this easily should not be a problem next week.
Then Erica, Devon and I went out last night - we hung for a couple drinks, they went to a dance club and I went to Chueca - did not accomplish much - but I was out.
Slept in today -then went to the outdoor market, love the old ladies pushing and shoving to get to the produce ... NOT - did manage to get what I need this time.
Peter & Jessie are back from Paris - might see them later
Adios for now ...
Beto
No comments:
Post a Comment