Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 3 - after the weekend

Hola from espana

Wow - I feel like I am far behind on keeping this up to date, but it was a fast paced and busy weekend. So busy I never got time to wish a friend Happy birthday, and you all know that is not me at all.

About my weekend.
After Patrick took off at 1:30 pm on Saturday (see previous Post) I checked on-line and FedEx is not even open on the weekend. Picking up the two bags has to wait for Monday.

I headed out for the Metro and to Plaza de Espana; there was a Multicultural Fair going on with booths offering merchandise from various cultures. The TeePee made me giggle and think of you Tom B.

Walked up & down Gran Via - looking around and seeking a place with WIFI, food and la Plaza Mejor. Phoned Maria Jose and she reminded me Plaza Mejor is not off the Gran Via - it is beyond Puerto del Sol -
After food and the attempt to get on-line I went to Plaza Mejor for a couple beers and homework.

After, I phoned Antonio from Friday night and he invited me over; when I arrived there was food and wine with Antonio and Aimee (formally Amy),
We got ourselves ready and headed out for the evening - 11:15pm - at the Metro stop Antonio Martinez we met up with an other Mexican-American (Aimee is too) who is from Houston. She lived in Montrose and a month ago quit her job to live in Spain.

We had a lot of fun - drinking and talking (lots of Spang-lish) and being bumped and pushed.
At 3:30 am we walked the gals to Aimee's friends place - she promptly discovered she does not have her keys and wants to call the landlord? Now the 4 of us are in a cab to Antonio's for a slumber party -
The high-lites were: I had a piece of cake; a "birthday kiss"; poked and prodded; was offered marriage and the list goes on ...

Today was much more tranquilo: Carlos picked me up at 1:00 pm and we went to the flea market - Know where I will shop when I have my own flat. Then we drove out to his & Maria Jose's house - been there before. Way Notrtheast of the city
Carlos cooked food and we ate like royalty - they are such awesome people....
We then made some phone calls about places to live; drove into the city center to look at one. To say it is small is an understatement - no thanks!

The 3 of us then walked around the corner and Maria phoned GeeGee - who was entertaining and we were invited up -
Met two more Americans - a gal visiting from Miami and guy who has lived in EUR since 1981; a guy from Uruguay who works in Ibeza; an gal from Italy who has lived in Madrid for 4 years and GeeGee from St Thomas - been in Spain for 14 years and owns her own company.

I am starting to feel a little plain ....
They dropped me back at the ugly apartment with the promise we will find me a home.
Carlos & I will meet at noon tomorrow to retrieve my two bags ...
Buenas Noches ...
Beto

No comments:

Post a Comment